As a soccer lover and a fantasy soccer addict I was very happy when I discovered Draft Kings here in the US. You know, in Spain, even if fantasy soccer is big we don´t have a platform where you can actually win prizes or cash. Today I’m only going to talk a little bit about the basics of Draft Kings.
First of all let´s take a look at the scoring rules, depending on what kind of rules the platform has, we´ll be more interested in one kind of player or another.
- Goal = +10 PTs
- Assist = +6 PTs
- Shot = +1 PTs
- Shot on Goal = +1 PTs
- Crosses = +0.75 PTs (via corner kick, open play, and set pieces)
- Fouls Drawn = +1 PTs
- Fouls Conceded = -0.5 PTs
- Tackle Won = +1 PTs
- Pass Intercepted (D,M,F) = +0.5 PTs
- Yellow Card = -1.5 PTs
- Red Card = -3 PTs
- Penalty Kick Miss = -5 PTs
- Saves (GK) = +2 PTs
- Goal Conceded (GK) = -2 PTs
- Clean Sheet (GK) = +5 PTs
- Clean Sheet (D) = +3 PTs
- Win (GK) = +5 PTs
- Penalty Kick Save (GK) = +3 PTs
From what we see here, we´ll be always looking for:
- Set piece takers or with a lot of crosses per game (Messi, Neymar, Ozil, De Bruyne, etc…)
- Players that like to hold the ball, they will receive more fouls. (Neymar, Alexis, Dembelé, Douglas Costa, etc…)
- Top scorers (Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Aguero,etc…)
- Attacking defenders. Most likely LB and RB, that will give you a couple extra points from crosses and shots.
- Payers with an easy game. Defenders and goalies will have more chances to get a clean sheet and the win bonus. It will also be easier for midfielders and forwards to get offense points.
As you can see I´m using some big names as example, but the real key is to find those players with potential at a lower cost. From all the players I mentioned, we´ll be able to include only 2 or 3 in our team, and we have to pick 8 players total.
Stay tuned because during the week I’ll post a couple picks for La Liga Draft Kings and I’ll also show you my team for Saturdays contest.